Configure SMTP or Gmail API
To give SMTP configurations you need to navigate to Settings -> General -> SMTP configs.
Here you’ll see the following inputs that you need to fill.
- Host – for example for Gmail it is smtp.gmail.com
- Email – email address that you want to send emails
- Password – this should be the password of the email that you’ve added above
- Port – 465 or 587
- Encryption – SSL or TLS
After filling in all this information click on test connection and if everything is correct you’ll receive a success email to that email address.
To connect Gmail API navigate to your eSwap account -> Settings -> General -> SMTP configs and click on Connect Gmail with API button.
You’ll be redirected to the Gmail connection page.
- Select the Gmail account you want to use for email sending
- Allow required scopes
- You’ll be redirected to eSwap
- Now you can send emails to your customers from your Gmail account
NOTE: If you do not have Gmail API connected, your emails to customers will be sent from email@example.com.